We'll start with the good news, my dad brought my new Suzuki Boulevard S50 up last week. A big thanks to dad for bringing the bike up and storing it for the winter! They took my car parking permit away at work, but I still have a motorcycle permit. Plus I hate Metro with a passion because they charge huge amounts for terrible service, so whenever the weather is nice I'll be riding this baby in. It has 550 miles on it, so I still have to keep it slow (under half throttle) until the initial tune-up at 1000 miles. It is cold-natured and attempts to cut out on me for the first five minutes of running if you don't keep it on half-choke, but it handles a lot better than my old Kawasaki Vulcan. It's also the same weight, with a lot lower center of gravity, so the bike feels much lighter. Katy can drive this one, whereas the Kawasaki was way too heavy.
Here's a pic. I'm trying to think of names for the bike, Silver Bullet comes to mind . . . .
Well, it's a new bike and I don't have a shed, so I'm going to extra lengths to cover it up.
Layer 1:
And what yard reclamation would be complete without trimming the hedges. . . .
Well, I guess I'd better get back to the chores. On our list to do this year:
1) Rock garden to permanently cover the eyesore weed jungle around our air conditioner.
2) Build a shed to get the tools, motorcycle, lawnmower, and landscaping tools consolidated and out of the house.
3) Basement flooring and enclosing wall with french doors to close off the basement guest room.
4) New industrial tile in the utility room.
We'll see how much we can get done this year.
Later,
J
A Carneal Haiku:
ReplyDeleteMUST...BUILD...CARNEAL...SHED...
MAN...COMPULSION..REQUIRES...
WOOD...AND...NAILS...AND...(heart)
Nice voyeour video of Katy trimming the hedges. Look at her...she Loves it!
ReplyDelete