Monday, April 13, 2009

Hobbies and Cats, Oh My!


OK so my friend Dave Grant got me started on this site, so check out his blog for some posts with climbing pictures, fire trucks. You know, the usual. I can't resist posting some of them here though. Above please see Dave up in the tree where we were cutting and lowering a large branch that was remotely threatening his house. We had gone climbing on Friday the 13th of March (one month ago) and had a horrible time. We made up for it by lowering this branch and climbing to trim some ugly dead ones off another tree. See the video below for my branch trimming technique. Sorry for the weird angle, I am still working on video editing effects. . . .




And Katy and I got a new camcorder, so here are a couple of short videos we took. Most of you have never met Buttercup, but we assure you that this elusive creature does in fact exist.




And the last video is of the German chocolate cake that Katy made me in celebration of the end of my lent dessert fasting. It took 8 hours to make and it is both the most dense and delicious cake that I have ever had. How can a cake with mashed potatoes in it be bad? Yum.





That's plenty of videos and learning to play with my new toys for now. See you guys soon,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment